All of us have been in stressful situations and have experienced various emotions related to stress. Recall the last most stressful situation you have been in. Try and remember what all feelings were associated with the feeling of being stressed. Stress is a primordial reaction to situations and events in our environment. It is a form of behavioral adjustment to things that trigger psychological and physical moderations in known and tested waters. As we attempt to level ourselves with continually altering schedules and challenging lifestyles, our minds and bodies experience stress. We get stressed when we are unable to cope with excessive pressures and demands placed upon us. So, stress occurs when the pressure is greater than the resource i.e. Stress = Pressure > Resource.
What does it mean in the organizational context? Let’s ask these questions to ourselves, are stressful employees more productive, are they happier, are they more likely to stay with us longer, will the employee life time value to our organization be higher and will they be recommending others to join our organization?
By the end of the course, participants will be able to understand:
In this workshop you will learn the following:
- You will be able to identify the feelings associated with stress.
- What are the various types of stressors
- Personality type and its relation to stress.
- Understanding positive and negative stress.
- Cost of stress and related illness.
- Stress is an attitude.
- Identify stress and the feelings associated with it
- Identify what causes stress, how it affects us and how it can be avoided and dealt with
- Understand the different types of stress
- Understand how the body responds to stress
- Know illnesses caused by stress
- Learn about alternate stress management techniques
The workshop is designed for Executives/Middle/Senior level professionals/managers/aspiring managers/HR professionals/project heads/project members/team leaders/team members/ Accountants/ or for any executive who wishes to improve his/her ability to manage stress.
After this workshop you will be able to:
- Identify what causes you stress
- Understand types of stress and why you are more prone to some types of stress
- Understand your personality type and its linkage to stress
- Understand and get introduced to stress management techniques